SEC. 1317. Study and report by the Government Accountability Office.
Not later than 5 years after the date of enactment of this Act, the Comptroller General of the United States shall prepare a study, and not later than 8 years after the date of enactment of this Act, the Comptroller General shall submit to Congress and the Secretary a report, examining—
(1) how the Board spends assessments collected;
(2) the extent to which the reported activities of the Board help achieve the annual objectives of the Board;
(3) any changes in demand for concrete masonry products relative to other building materials;
(4) any impact of the activities of the Board on the market share of competing products;
(5) any impact of the activities of the Board on the overall size of the market for building products;
(6) any impact of the activities of the Board on the total number of concrete-masonry-related jobs, including manufacturing, sales, and installation;
(7) any significant effects of the activities of the Board on downstream purchasers of concrete masonry products and real property into which concrete masonry products are incorporated;
(8) effects on prices of concrete masonry products as a result of the activities of the Board;
(9) the cost to the Federal Government of an increase in concrete masonry product prices, if any, as a result of the program established by this division;
(10) the extent to which key statutory requirements are met;
(11) the extent and strength of Federal oversight of the program established by this division;
(12) the appropriateness of administering the program from within the Office of the Secretary of Commerce and the appropriateness of administering the program from within any division of the Department, including whether the Department has the expertise, knowledge, or other capabilities necessary to adequately administer the program; and
(13) any other topic that the Comptroller General considers appropriate.