On Tuesday, May 4th 2021, voting registration begins. Soon eligible, block-manufacturing companies will receive a registration form in the mail along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Both sides of the registration form must be completed and signed by the authorized representative for your company. You also can fax the completed form to (301) 278-9099, but be sure to fax both sides.
While we know the registration period will last for at least 30 days, we do not know the deadline for forms to be in hand with the DOC. We are anticipating another publication in the Federal Register that will give that deadline, as well as the voting timeframe and the final Order for consideration to establish the CMU Checkoff.
You can find more details about the registration and referendum procedures at the link to the FR publication below. In that publication, you can also find DOC responses to public comments submitted regarding the proposed referendum procedures first published on October 14, 2020.
- Department of Commerce CMU Checkoff Resources
- Federal Register Posting, 05/03/2021
- Final Rule of Registration and Referendum Procedures, FR-2021-05-03
Eligible block-manufacturing companies, keep an eye out for your registration forms in the mail and be sure to quickly return them so you are ready to vote yes for the CMU Checkoff when the time comes.
- Vote yes to winning back market share.
- Vote yes to influence codes and standards.
- Vote yes to fund research innovations with colleges and universities.
- Vote yes to ensure the next generation of block producers and laborers.
- Vote yes for the CMU Checkoff.